Sunday, January 18, 2009

Pin It

See this chart to compare Brindi's case to others

To see a sampling of cases between June 2007 and July 2008, see this chart of HRM By-Law Prosecutions
Thanks to Joan for lending me her server to do this.
  
If anybody would like to drop off soup bones with a little fresh meat on them and some nice suet in them for Brindi at the Metro Shelter, PLEASE, be my guest! I used to go every week or so. I can't, it would cost a bit too much.

PS on the post below - the Global TV clip is interesting. I thought they would have included the part where I said, "Love is more important than a by-law." I wonder who edits these things?  Maybe they thought it was too controversial? I believe there is nothing more important than love, and my love extends to all dogs, who are in my opinion sources of infinite love, understanding, approval, and acceptance, who ought to be honored, not destroyed pre-emptively and dismissively.




7 comments:

  1. Hi Francesca! Congratulations on behalf of all HRM dog owners. Without change to the bylaw, every dog was a Brindi case waiting to happen. What is the hold up with Brindi returning to you. There has been a lot of strange speculation as to why she can not be returned immediately jm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Francesca.
    If 1/2 the 'pit bull' owners(walking around with needless muzzles) in Ontario had your balls the Ontario Gov`t would be pleading for mercy rather than frigging around in Court for 3 years.
    Keep fighting them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Francesca,
    i've just sent some emails. Hope Brindi will be free soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will try to drop off a bone on the weekend, just the ones from the butcher shop?
    XO Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you only the best for your dog and may you both be reunited soon. Once you get her back, move the hell out of Canada to a place that likes pets and respects the bond they share with people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Francesca,

    I really hope that you and Brindi are re-united and it does not take months and months. I noticed you posted on your blog that the evaluation of Brindi by the trainer was not accepted in court. The next time you go to court make sure the trainer is given a subpoena to appear in court. The people have to be there to speak on her behalf. Letters will not do. Also, make sure your lawyer makes a point to ask where the evidence is for the damage Brindi caused. ie pictures, vet bills etc. Its all fine that people are saying that she did damage, but in a court of law there needs to be proof.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you reminded me to post the trainer's report. I discussed this with her weeks ago.
    It was a sad thing it got rejected. We accepted that. But sadly the judge did listen to the city lawyer's descriptions of the last incident, which I feel were pretty exaggerated. For one thing there's no evidence at all of any injuries, and I saw none taking place. But it doesn't matter.
    The case was about the law, and the assessment was a stretch. It was enough to indicate that such a report existed and since we offered it, one could assume it was positive. We won the case. The charges on me now may make it all moot anyway. Let's talk about abuse of process and malicious prosecution instead.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated. Only users with Google accounts may post comments. Others may contact me via facebook.