Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Pin It

SPCA: "Whatever you do, don't mention the war!"



I received this letter a few days ago. (I understand that Janice Bingley, whose dogs were seized by SPCA special constables in October, received an identical one.)

Here's my response:

First, I am not aware of ever having made any false statements about the SPCA. If I did so, it was certainly not intentional. Should the SPCA be willing to identify any statements of mine that they believe to be untrue, I'd be more than happy to remove them, if I am able to.

Otherwise, I respectfully reserve the right to express my opinion. As for "malicious", I suppose that's a matter of opinion. It also works both ways.

Finally, I would be extremely happy to stop commenting on the SPCA completely, and forever and ever, if they would be so kind as to give me my dog back.

Perhaps now that they have apparently lost the pound contract, they might wish to sit down and rethink their role in the matter, such as keeping my dog for over a year and half at a short-term care facility. Not to mention their initial decision to decline my request for  help me get her out at the very start, rather than deciding that one dead dog is an acceptable casualty in exchange for $414,000 a year. Having been told this by a board member in person, in plain language, in October 2008, I believe that this is an accurate representation of the position of the board of directors; if not, I apologize.

1 comment:

  1. I used to work at the SPCA and I am still a supporter, but I can't stand to see Brindi in their anymore it has eaten me alive to see her the three days a week i was there. I want to help in some way I dont want to stay quiet anymore. I have sat with Brindi and cried for her for too long and had to keep it quiet, it's not fair and something more needs to be done. Can we sign a petition, what more can we do?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated. Only users with Google accounts may post comments. Others may contact me via facebook.